Saturday, May 28, 2011

Volition

The walk was a lonely one
The forest to the west, the river seeking a fresh dawn
Beasts awaited my flesh to soothe their humger
Swirls awaited to gulp my last breath
The moon guiding me the stranger
A starnger estranged of his own faith

Beauty of nature is the mother of adventure
When at its worse
It is the best of danger
On my left the river still meanders
On my right the forest with its hunger

The road though slim
Enough for me to walk
All by myself with me, myself alone to talk
In the probable last seconds of my life's clock
The woods, still inviting me to gather my last there
The cold water, cold to me testing my mortal behaviour

I decide otherwise
First a look at the mud and then up towards the sky

The ripples gaze at me and so do the green
Both sides trying to breach me in my soul's inn
While I grow wings and jump off the mud and chase the North Star
The blue laughs at me, the green similar
I did not look back and yet I know
Death eitherway should have been familliar

Options are scarce but none the less there
Good ones messed up with negatives yet equal in share
Hope shows us how and hope shows us where
Positives made plenty and darkness made rare
And leaves us alone with a chance only fair
While the rivers and the forests test us with their dare.



No comments:

Post a Comment